Warby Parker is on the lookout for a dynamic Market OD Leader to lead our growing network of eye doctors in several locations. In this role, you’ll help guide our talented team of optometrists and execute operational initiatives that help us provide best-in-class service. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic leader, invested in both the doctor and patient experiences, and excited to shape the future of eyecare. Sound a lot like you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Execute and implement strategic, clinical, and business initiatives for OD operations
- Work closely with eye doctors to encourage their engagement and provide professional and personal development that sets them up for success
- Partner with Warby Parker OD Leadership and Retail Field Leaders to improve doctor operations, the patient experience, and eye exam growth for locations in your area, as well as develop plans that enhance performance management
- Ensure we are meeting operational KPIs (such as eye exam bookings or patient experience) across the company
- Facilitate onboarding and training for new ODs as well as provide ongoing professional development, mentorship, and support
- Optimize our doctor coverage across stores by assisting with recruitment and assessing our OD schedule
- Collaborate with the Talent team to execute recruitment projects and develop key relationships with schools, faculty, alumni, and students
- This role is a mix of clinical, business and leadership
- Travel amongst the locations within your market to achieve a mix of clinical, business, and leadership goals
Who you are:
- A Doctor of Optometry with 2+ years of clinical practice and 1+ years of leadership experience
- Licensed to practice in the state which aligns with the market of responsibility
- Equipped with strong clinical skills
- Able to lead, influence, and mentor ODs (with a proven track record!)
- Empathetic and thoughtful—you’re able to connect with others and resolve sensitive issues all while promoting our core values
- A motivated mentor who’s passionate about both the doctor and patient experiences
- A relationship builder and service-minded leader
- Equipped with strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Open to relocating depending on where you are (we’ll help with that)
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.