Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers by giving prompt, courteous and professional service; assist customers in frame and lens selection, accurately complete required paperwork, accurately measure and order customer spectacles and contact lenses.
- Dispense optical Eyewear and contact lenses in accordance with professional standards and in compliance with Federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform repairs, adjustments and deliveries of eyewear as needed.
- Verify accuracy of completed eyewear and contact lenses.
- Handle customer questions and concerns in a professional and courteous manner.
- Protect all Company assets, including inventory, cash, credit card drafts, bank deposits and equipment. Follow proper procedures when accepting checks and credit cards.
- Deliver individual store sales goals, customer service goals and established key indicator goals and objectives
- Comply with policy, procedures, and federal, state and local regulatory requirements like but not limited to privacy, discrimination, safety and labor. Report non-compliance observations and concerns accurately and promptly.
- Share store maintenance and cleaning duties with co-workers by maintaining well organized work areas; accurate store records and files, greeting customers, answering phones, inputting data, dusting merchandise displays, vacuuming.
- Sponsor and mentor potential Apprentice Opticians based on business needs.
- Assist co-workers as needed, including rendering assistance to optometric practice, as appropriate.
- May serve as acting supervisor in supervisor’s absence as directed by management
- May drive to make bank deposits in supervisor’s absence.
- Maintain and continually develop professional dispensing skills and knowledge.
- All other tasks and duties as may be requested by management