Provide stellar patient care through proper diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases of the human eye and visual system. Examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses, and provide treatment. Prescribe therapeutic drugs to treat specific eye conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties noted below are considered to be essential job functions for one of the following reasons: performance of the duty is why the job exists, failure to perform the duty may have serious consequences, limited number of employees available to perform duty, or the duty requires specialized skills.
- Prescribe medications, low vision rehabilitation, vision therapy, spectacle lenses, and contact lenses.
- Counsel patients regarding surgical and non-surgical options that meet their visual needs related to their occupations, avocations, and lifestyle.
- Doctors must uncover patient's eye wear needs and make product recommendations that will help them see their best and protect the health of their eyes.
- Provide vision services; eye exams.
- Treat conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Provide low vision aids and vision therapy.
- Diagnose eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and conjunctivitis.
- Prescribe medications for certain eye conditions; as allowed according to State guidelines.
- Participate in pre- or post-operative care for people who need surgery.
- Effectively communicate with patients to get detailed case histories.
- Offer advice and reassurance to patients about vision-related matters.
- Write referral communications to doctors.
- Act as a liaison with other medical practitioners when needed and share in the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- Effectively transition patients to the optical in order to communicate information about the patient's prescription to the Optician or eye wear consultant.
- Meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
- include Saturday (with 1 guaranteed Saturday off per month)
Competencies and Education
- Business acumen, self-discipline, and the ability to deal tactfully with patients.
- Strong attention to detail and manual dexterity.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from an accredited optometry school.
- Successful completion of the National Board examination and a National, Regional, or State clinical examination.
Offering the following Salary/Benefits for Full Time:
- $140,000 to $150,000 Salary depending upon experience qualifications
- $10,000 Retention Bonus
- Lucrative Incentive Compensation Plan (Potential earnings between $1,500 - $3,000 per month based upon performance)
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Student Loan Reimbursement up to $1,000 per month for 36 months
- Full Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability